If you are looking for a robust solar panel for your yacht, boat or caravan we can now supply a full range of the excellent Spectra and Sunware semi-flexible panels.
Solar Battery Maintenance
Use a solar panel to charge your battery and be greeted by fully charged batteries every time you return to your yacht, boat or caravan!
The solar panel will keep your battery in a fully charged state which not only extends battery life, therefore reducing replacement costs but will also make your life easier!
What Size Solar Panel?
As a rule of thumb, to replace natural battery drain through the winter months in the UK we work on 10W of solar power to every 100Ah of battery capacity.
This will ensure your battery is maintained through winter when we have minimal sunlight hours and you are less likely to be using your boat.
Come the summer months and longer sunshine hours, the solar panel will also offer useful additional charge to the battery to offset drains on the battery from use of on-board lights and appliances. This means reduced engine running time and more peace and quiet!
Spectra Solar Panels
The following semi-flexible Spectra panels are now available :
High Quality Marine Solar Panels
Both Spectra and Sunware solar panels offer the following benefits :
- Designed to withstand the rigours of continuous marine use
- Semi-flexible for mounting on slightly curved surfaces (eg deck or cabin roof)
- Superb quality and efficiency with high output to surface ratio
- Ideal for use on boats and recreational vehicles
- Supplied with 3m cable, blocking diode and junction box
- Robust - can be walked on in deck shoes
- Simple to install and maintenance free
- Manufacturer warranty - Spectra 2 yr limited, Sunware 3 yr limited
Rutland Wind Chargers
Solar and Wind Power Help