This 10W glass fronted solar trickle charger is ideal for maintenace charging (protection against natural battery dishcharge year around in UK) of a wide range of 12V batteries. Recommended in most common situations for charging 12V batteries of around 100Ah capacity.
- Ideal for maintenance charging of 12V starting and leisure batteries
- Built in blocking diode - can be left permanently connected
- Solar charge controller required if charging batteries below 100Ah capacity*
- Robust glass fronted aluminium framed solar panel suitable for permanent external installation
- Quick and easy to install
As standard this solar trickle charger comes supplied as idividual components ready for simple DIY wiring up and installation**. As an option it can be supplied pre-wired ready to connect directly to your battery. This solar trickle charger includes:
- 10W glass fronted aluminium framed solar panel with easy to access connection box on back
- 5m of 2 core 1mm black flexible cable (please contact us if you require a longer length of cable and we will be happy to adjust to meet your requirements)
- 1 pair of crimp type ring terminals for connecting cable to solar panel
- In line fuse holder (with simple screw terminals so can be installed with screwdriver only) with 2 fuses (one to use and one spare)
- 1 pair of crocodile clips (come with crimp type ring terminals for connection)
- 1 pair of 8mm crimp ring terminals for connection directly to battery terminals (as alternative to crocodile clip connection)
- 4 cable ties and screw down cable tie mounts for quick temporary installation of solar panel
- Installation instructions and simple wiring diagram
- As with all of our products we are always happy to provide additional help and advice over the phone of via e-mail if required
** For best results a basic crimping tool will be required for fitting crimp terminals. A suitable crimping tool is available here: crimping tool .
Solar Panel Mounting
The solar panel has a sturdy aluminium frame with four 6mm holes pre-drilled in it to aid installation. The panel can be secured using the four cable ties supplied with the kit as a quick or temporary installation. For more pemanent installation, due to the wide variety of positions this panel can be mounted in, customers often fabricate their own mounts or use our z bracket solar panel mounts. It is also possible to simply bond the panel to a suitable flat surface using marine adhesives like Sikaflex.
* In some circumstances a charge controller will not be required if charging a battery less than 100Ah but more than 70Ah. Winter only maintanance of 12V vehicle/ leisure batteries or charging of batteries in the 70 - 100Ah range with a constant drain on them (e.g electric fence battery) will often not require a charge controller - please ask if you are not sure. If you intend to leave the solar panel permanently connected to a battery through the summer months a charge controller will be required to prevent battery damage through overcharging. Fitting a charge controller is nearly always better than not! If you are not sure please ask.