HRSi Charge Controller
The HRSi conveniently brings together a Rutland Windcharger charge regulator with an input for up to 160Watts of photovoltaic panels in a single easy to install device. Multi-stage charge control delivers appropriate charge levels required to ensure your batteries get the maximum power they are able to retain and remain float charged.
- Make the most of renewable power produced
- Prevent battery damage through overcharging
- Can help to extend life of your windcharger
- Use with Rutland 504, 913 or FM910-3 plus up to 160W of solar panels
- Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) - see details below
- Intelligent microcontroller ensures optimal charging at all times
- LED indicator for battery voltage (Red flash v.low, Red <12V, Amber 12-13V, Green >13V)
- LED indicator for charging status Green charging, Amber charging & regulating, Red regulating)
- Manual shutdown switch to stop wind & solar power delivery to battery, windcharger slows to "idle"
- East to connect terminals and built in blocking diode to avoid conflict with other charging sources
- Temperature compensation
- Automatic voltage detection for 12V or 24V systems (requires correct connection procedure)
PWM for fine charge control
The HRSi monitors battery voltage and uses PWM to prevent overcharge. As peak voltages are reached the HRSi tapers the current from the wind & solar chargers gradually reducing charge to float stage level
This feature gradually reduces the speed of the turbine to an eventual “idle” thus extending the working life of the windcharger. As the battery discharges the wind turbine responds by increasing speed to deliver more power.
Solar power is also tapered in the same way.
- For connection to a single battery bank
- HRSi dimensions 13mm x 80mm x 42mm, 185g (unpackaged)
- When regulating Windcharger speed is reduced
- Solar panels must be fitted with blocking diodes
- Built in fuse protects against accidental reverse polarity connection
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: