Wattson Energy Monitor
The Wattson energy monitor shows you how much electricity your home is using at any given time. It can show you in watts or in £s (ouch!). It even expresses your energy use with pulsing colour-changing lights!
- Reduce electricity use in your home or office
- Adopt new energy saving practices and measure the benefits
- Check everything is turned off when you leave, quickly and easily
- Confirm energy saving measures are working
The idea is that if you can see how much electricity you're using, it'll help you identify where it is being wasted and help you use less. Typically, the Wattson can help you save up to 20% on your electricity bills. That's not to be sniffed at, and of course you will be doing your bit for the environment as well.
How does Wattson work?
Wattson measures the total amount of electricity being used in your home at any given time and shows this value on an easy-to-read display and via it's mood lights.
An easy to attach sensor is clipped to the mains power cable coming into your home at the main electricity meter. This sensor is connected to a transmitter which sends the data wirelessly to the Wattson display.
The Wattson display is portable and can be located anywhere in your home or office, up to 100m away from the transmitter through air, or 30m through walls.
Put your Wattson unit display wherever you like. Most people put them in the kitchen or living room where an eye can be kept on energy consumption thanks to the pulsing coloured lights (cool blue for low consumption through to red for high consumption).
Wattson works with any kind of domestic UK electricity meter (240V, 415V single or 3 phase).
Wattson for serious energy monitoring :
For serious analysis of energy consumption, software is included to allow the Wattson to interface with your computer (PC and MAC compatible) to show historical and real time data.
Historical electricity use data (stored within Wattson's internal memory) can be viewed graphically using Holmes (oh... I get it!) - Wattson's own personal data sleuth program (download from website). Historical energy use can be viewed by the day, week, month and year.
Data uploaded to PC via a mini USB to USB cable (included).
Wattson Features :
- Simple and quick installation (no electrician normally required)
- LED display shows energy in £s or watts
- Local currency display (Pounds, Euros, Dollars or Yen)
- Tariff can be altered to match your supply
- 1/2/3 phase power compatible for home or office use (additional Wattson Sensor (s) required for 2 and 3 phase)
- 5W average power consumption (reduced to under 1W in low power mode)
Wattson Comes With :
- 1 Clip on sensor and wireless transmitter
- Cool display unit instantly displaying real time energy use
- UK mains 9V dc power adapter for display unit
- 4 x AA Batteries for transmitter
- USB to mini USB cable
- Online community of Wattson users to compare hints and tips for saving energy
- Easy to follow instructions for installation and use
Additional sensors for two and three phase supplies available here : Wattson Additional Clip On Sensors
Wattson and Renewable Energy
With the simple installation of an extra sensor, Wattson is able to measure microgenerated electricity supplies from Solar Cells or Wind Turbines, providing a greater understanding of net energy use. Information is shown on Wattson as generated energy, net consumption and total generated energy to date. Both generated and consumed energy is stored in Wattson’s internal memory. All data can be viewed via Holmes – Wattson’s own personal data sleuth program.
See Wattson Renewables Installation Guide below.
Technical Stuff :
- Able to measure single, twin and three phase systems (extra clips required)
- 12.5KW max per phase
- 1W resolution of display
- 14 segment LED digital display
- RGB LED full colour ambient light
- 32kb non-volatile EEPROM internal memory
- 433Mhz transmitter / receiver, approx. 30m range
- 3 – 20 second refresh rate, user changeable
- 3 – 6 month battery life (Sensor)
- 5 to 32 hour battery life (Display) depending on mode setting
- USB 1.0 and 2.0 compatible
- USB-A to USB mini-A cable supplied
- Currency changeable: £. $, €
- Casings made from Polycarbonate, Polypropelene and ABS
- Display: 105mm X 170mm x 55mm
- Transmitter: 110mm x 84 mm x 26 mm
- Software Mac and PC compatible
More Wattson Information :
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: