Willgen Solar Lighting Kit - 2 Lights
Many solar lighting kits are not specified to meet the winter needs of UK users. You need light in the winter months when the days are short, but this is when we have least solar power. We have many happy customers for our bespoke off grid kits and were getting fed up of less than happy customers of boxed solar kits we were buying in from other manufacturers and selling on. This led us to put together our own top quality Willgen (formerly Ecofreak) Solar Stable Lighting Kits.
Willgen Solar Lighting Kits are put together with the experience of having designed and installed hundreds of bespoke solar lighting kits for a wide range of different customers. Willgen Solar Lighting Kits are most popular with horse owners with stables that have no mains power but these kits can be used for everything from a garage to a small "off grid" house. The kits are designed with the equestrian user in mind but specifications can be changed to suit your needs exactly (type of light fitting, solar panel mount etc) - just contact me and I will be happy to help you with this.
This kit will light two very bright all weather LED floodlights (included) for between quarter of an hour per day (basic kit) upto 4.5 hrs per day (upgraded kit) (both lights), every day, even in the middle of winter in the UK*. Simply choose how long you need both lights to be on for using the drop down box above. If you stagger your use of the lights (so only one light is on at a time) the daily lighting time is effectively doubled.
- 2 x 10W 12V LED floodlights for use inside or out (each one will light a 12ft x 12ft stable very well and are adequate for much larger spaces)
- Both lights on for up to 4.5 hrs per day in UK mid winter (or one light on for up to 8 hrs per day). Mid-summer run times upto 6 times longer than mid-winter!
- 1 x top quality, high efficiency solar panel (sized according to your chosen lighting time requirements 10W to 100W)
- Charge controller to manage charging and prevent battery damage through overcharging
- Live system information : charging and battery state of charge
- RELIABLE WINTER OPERATION IN UK
Instructions included and you can access full help and assistance over the phone from me (I design and install these systems regularly and put this kit together myself!).
This kit has been designed specifically with equestrian stable lighting in mind, however it is suitable for a great many other applications as well :
- Farm buildings
- Garden Buildings
- Smoking Shelters
- Park shelters
- Beach Huts
- Off-grid homes
Suitable for any building that requires good quality reliable lighting but doesn't have access to mains electricity.
What's in the kit?
- 1 x Top quality, high efficiency Solar Panel (sized according to your chosen lighting time requirements 10W to 100W)
- 1 x Roof mounting kit for solar panel
- 1 x Charge Controller with system information display
- 2 x 10W LED floodlights (excellent light output - best you will get)
- 15 m 2 core cable, cable clips & cable ties
- 2 x indoor switches
- Battery terminal clips
- All connectors, fuses and other balance of system components
- Instructions (plus my help over phone if required)
Please note battery is NOT included. In addition to the kit above you will require a good quality 12V leisure/electric fencing battery of no less than 110Ah capacity.
To be clear, these kits will not come in a fancy, colourful box with lots of pretty pictures on. However the components are top quality, correctly sized, tried and tested over many years and most importantly will provide great light for the daily winter lighting times that we claim!
If you would like more detail about any aspect of the kit please get in touch and I will be happy to explain more and provide photos etc as required.
* Panel must be mounted in an un-shaded south facing position for optimum winter performance. The ideal angle is 65degrees from horizontal for winter charging. Roof slope angle is usually an acceptable compromise although winter performance will be reduced slightly.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: