5W Solar Trickle Charger
This 5W glass fronted solar trickle charger is ideal for maintenace charging (protection against natural battery dishcharge year around in UK) of a wide range of 12V batteries. Recommended in most common situations for 12V batteries of around 50Ah capacity.
- Ideal for maintenance charging of 12V starting and leisure batteries
- Solar charge controller required if charging batteries below 50Ah capacity
- Robust glass fronted aluminium framed solar panel suitable for permanent external installation
- Quick and easy to install
As standard this solar trickle charger comes supplied as idividual components ready for simple DIY wiring up and installation*. As an option it can be supplied pre-wired ready to connect directly to your battery. This solar trickle charger includes:
- 5W glass fronted aluminium framed solar panel with easy to access connection box on back
- 5m of 2 core 1mm flat black flexible cable (please contact us if you require a longer length of cable and we will be happy to adjust to meet your requirements)
- 1 pair of crimp type ring terminals for connecting cable to solar panel
- In line fuse holder (with simple screw terminals so can be installed with screwdriver only) with 2 fuses (one to use and one spare)
- 1 pair of 8mm crimp ring terminals for battery connection as standard or optional crocodile clips or quick release battery terminal connections (use drop down box above)
- 4 cable ties and screw down cable tie mounts for quick temporary installation of solar panel
- Installation instrcutions and simple wiring diagram
- As with all of our products we are always happy to provide additional help and advice over the phone of via e-mail if required
* For best results a basic crimping tool will be required for fitting crimp terminals. A pair of pliers can be used if necessary. A suitable crimping tool is available here: crimping tool . If you would like us to pre-fit crimp terminals for yoyu (free of charge) please let us know when placing your order.
Solar Panel Mounting
The solar panel has a sturdy aluminium frame with four 6mm holes pre-drilled in it to aid installation. The panel can be secured using the four cable ties supplied with the kit as a quick or temporary intsallation. For more pemanent installation, due to the wide variety of positions this panel can be mounted in, customers often fabricate their own mounts or use our z bracket solar panel mounts. It is also possible to simply bond the panel to a suitable flat surface using marine adhesives like Sikaflex.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: