PR3030 Solar Charge Controller
30A Solar charge controller for 12V and 24V systems incorporating the following features :
- Battery over charging and deep discharge protection
- Diode protection to prevent reverse current from the solar panel in darkness
- Efficient PWM regulation (pulse width modulator)
- Low voltage disconnect feature to maximum load current rating of the model
- Temperature compensation for accurate voltage sensing
- Reverse polarity protection
- Automatic system volatge detection for 12V or 24V systems
The PR Range and Tarom range incorporate a microprocessor giving the following additional features:
- Digital display of battery volts or state of charge %
- Digital display of charge and load currents
- Digital display of accumulated ampere hours charged and drawn
These additional features allow the user to accurately monitor power produced from a solar array, power consumed by loads (excludes loads connected directly to the battery rather than through charge controller) and battery state of charge.
Battery State of Charge
The Steca PR range of charge controllers give a clear display of battery State of Charge (SOC) as a percentage figure (100% = fully charged). This is displayed as a figure and also on a 'read at a glance' bar display.
During operation the solar regulator monitors various parameters of the battery, charge current and load current and from that calculates the battery's charge level (SOC). The charge level is the energy still available in the battery. Modifications in the system, e.g. the battery's ageing process are automatically taken into consideration by the regulator's continuous learning process. Using this SOC information, you always have an accurate overview on the actual battery level.
If loads are connected directly to the battery the load parameter for the above calculation is not available and the SOC figure will be invalid. If loads are connected directly to the battery, the regulator can be set to a simplified Voltage Control mode and the battery voltage is displayed in the SOC window.
Additional Functions :
- Face symbol for system status (smiley / sad)
- Night Light function - this function turns the load output on in darkness and off in daylight (detected by the solar module). Includes a opertaing time choice of 1 to 8 hours.
- Error message codes to identify system faults.
How many Watts of Solar Power?
The PR3030 is suitable for :
- 12V solar array of upto 360W or 30A
- 24V solar array of upto 720W or 30A
Maximum load controlled through the PR3030 solar regulator is also limited to 30A. Loads over 30A should be connected direct to the battery and the charge controller set to Voltage Control as opposed to State of Charge.
Dimensions : 187mm x 44mm x 96mm
Weight : 350g
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: